Friday, August 12, 2005

Don't You Love Telemarketers? NOT!!!!

The following is an email I received today and wanted to share. A little cut here and a tweak there and I have my own version. Personally I can't wait for the phone to ring when I get home tonight .... waughhahahahaha!

The phone rang as we were sitting down to dinner. I answered it and was greeted with, "Is this William Wagenhoss?"

This didn't sound anything like my name, so I asked, "Who is calling?"

The telemarketer said he was with the Rubberband-Powered Freezer Company or something like that. I asked him if he knew William personally and the reason he was calling this number. Then off to the side, I said, "Get really good pictures of the body and all the blood."

I turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had called a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced the call and he would be receiving a summons to appear at the local courthouse to testify in a murder case. I then questioned him at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been at approximately four hours before he made this call. The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice.

I then proceeded to tell im we had located his position at his work place and the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At this point, I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.

My wife aske me as I returned to our table what was so funny to cause tears to stream down my face and so help me I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes. My food was cold, but oh so enjoyable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!! If I can keep my composure I am going to try and do the same thing the next time I get a telemarketer on the line. I hope to make you proud!! :)