Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Going to the Chapel...

I know this is supposed to be Taboo Tuesday, but I just can't think of anything and anyway something happened today that was ....

Unfuckingbelievable ... YES ... YES.... YES! My best friend just bought me two tickets to see ....



BILLY IDOL!!!!!!!

I've been whining about not getting to go to the show for weeks now. I've not seen Billy since I was 15 ... no I'm not telling you how long ago that was ... and truly wanted to see him perform again. However, being that my cash flow would not allow me to purchase said tickets, I had resigned myself to the fact that I would not be listening to Billy Idol belt out White Wedding LIVE.

My friend and I work together, and for different reasons, have both had a pretty suck-a day. So, when she leaned into my cube and laid an envelope on my keyboard I was like, "Oh please tell me this is something good, because if it isn't I'm so not opening it!" She smiled and said something like "open it and see." I gingerly opened the envelope to find a printout of a ticket order for Billy Idol.

Peoples of the Internet ... I became teary-eyed ... I had to grab a tissue! My friend, who had her home partially destroyed in hurricane Rita ... who has no stove ... who is still sleeping in her living room ... bought ME tickets to see Billy Idol! Do I have the bestest friend in the world or what!



No comments: