Thursday, May 10, 2012

Yard Beautiful?


Mmmmm, some really good, kick butt BBQ sounds delish right now!  I just don't think my tummy could handle it today. :(    Maybe by this weekend ... YUM.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my plants are not blooming much this year, except for Dad's rosebush.  I suppose after the drought last year, I should be happy that I still have plants that are alive.  The magnolia trees in my neighborhood are in full bloom.  The look and smell beautiful.

I love spring and coming home to a freshly mowed yard ... love the smell of fresh cut grass.  Our grass and weeds are growing so fast this year because of all the rain, that the yard has to be mowed every two weeks.  That my son does not like as he is our current mower of the yard.

Last year we made some new flower beds around the trees in the front yard; but never planted anything.  I need to get on that pretty soon.  There are just so many things to get done.  My first priority though is getting everything together for my yard sale in 1-1/2 weeks.

Thank goodness my sister is coming to help.

1 comment:

Sjogren's blog said...

How did the yard sale go? Let us know. Spring is definately my favourite time too and we are just coming into spring in Australia.