Friday, August 05, 2011

Today started off great, but all of us spoonies know how quickly that can change.  One bite of lunch and one of my molars started throbbing.  Now the whole right side of my face is aching and back up into my ear.  Dental pain is all new to me, as I didn't even have my first cavity til I was 30.  But now, due to the Sjogren's, I'm beginning to have serious problems with my teeth. 

I don't know how people who make less than me or have crappy insurance do it.  I have a decent job with decent benefits, but even I'm going to have to wait to go see the dentist because I have so many regular medical bills piling up.  It's difficult when you have to make those choices in your budget because you require additional money to pay for the doctors and medications due to all your illnesses.

I know that this is hard for me and I just can't even imagine how difficult it is for the ones who are on disability or retired.  That is one reason I'm apprehensive about eventually going on disability, although that is a possibility in my future.  With all the changes in healthcare and the way the economy looks right now, it's a scary place to be.

I think perhaps I'm going to try and eat some soup.