Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Fast and Furious

I don't know about anyone else, but my holiday weekend went by way to fast.  I had taken off Tuesday in order to go to a couple of doctor appointments, but other than that had no plans.  I just wanted a slow relaxing weekend, and I guess it started out that way.

My rheumatologist had given me a new anti-inflammatory to try and told me to wait til the weekend.  I don't have a good history with anti-inflammatory medications, so I agreed that was a good idea.  I took the first dose Friday night and I think because it worked and I was sooo exhausted that I slept til 3 pm Saturday. 

Bye Saturday ... Buh Bye Bye

Sunday, I ran a couple of errands and did some housework.  Monday was beautiful and it was cool enough that I was able to get outside a bit.  So my son and I washed down the porch chairs and painted them.  Then we scrubbed down a little round table and painted it too.  It took longer than I thought, but we had a good time just talking. 

My son did most of the work, I promise.

Later I did the grocery shopping and Buh Bye Bye Monday.

Tuesday I ended up having to cancel my appointments and taking Dad to a kidney doctor.  Of course we had to be worked in and waited 5 hours ...

well, it felt like 5 hours ...

it did ... OK, ok it was only about an hour and a half ...

that felt like 5 hours. 

He has to be scheduled to have a sonogram done of his kidneys and bladder, but he's ok.  Thank God.

As I walked out my front door this morning and took in the beautiful day, I thought, Why didn't I take this whole week off?  The weather this week is supposed to be beautiful. High's in the low 90's.  After more than a month of 100+ heat it feels a bit chilly in the early hours of the morning.  MMmmmmm, Love IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that your son helps you with projects. I keep throwing myself into flares because I want to et so many things done. It feels great to get things accomplished but then my body screams and yells at me reminding me that I am not who I used to be. It bites, but I am not giving up, I just need to learn the art of pacing.

How are your anti-flammitories working for you? I take Aleve for that, not a prescription. Some days it helps, other days it doesn't. I have to take them every day though or else.

I don't see a subscribe button on your page, I might have to add you to my blog roll as I'd like to follow along with you. Would you mind?

phsymom said...

LOL, Ginger I just recently figured out how to open up the comments; I'm pretty sure I don't know where to go to allow people to subscribe, but I will look for it! :D Good thing my English teacher can't see that run on sentence.

As for the anti-inflammatory. I am highly allergice to naprosyn/naproxen, the main ingredient of Aleve. I seem to have issues with anti-inflammatories either antagonizing my gastric paresis or making me swell up like a toad frog.

The meds are doing ok, but they are making me puffy. As Gabiel Iglesias would say, I'm already FLUFFY ... now I'm fluffy and puffy ... LOL! http://www.fluffyguy.com/

I'm very lucky that my son is still living at home (going to be 20 in December) and that he does help me a lot. I'm going to miss him when he moves, but I know he needs to get out, grow and become who he wants to be.

Please do add me to your blogroll.