Friday, September 23, 2011

Where did the week go?

This week has just drug by for me.  Most likely because I've been recuperating from going to the family reunion last Saturday.  My days this week have consisted of:

Drag my butt out of bed and walk "ouch ... OUCH" to the bathroom.
After taking twice as long as normal to get ready, leave for work.
Realize I haven't taken meds and go back inside house
Go back out to car and head for work
(An hour later), sit in parking garage for 5 minutes wishing I didn't have to get up and go inside.
Go to break room for caffeine fix
Stare bleary eyed at monitors (have two) and try valiantly to complete necessary tasks efficiently.
Go to break room for caffeine fix
Catch myself staring off into space instead of working.
Go to break room for caffeine fix
Look at time for 4,000th time today and realize it's time to go home.
Make it to car and sit thinking of long drive home
Make it home and think about supper that needs to be cooked
Get son to help me with supper
Stand over stove dreaming of my bed
Finish eating and sigh loudly, because I need to put away food and pickup kitchen
Crawl into bed and then remember I haven't taken my meds, get out and get some water
Get back in bed, double check alarm and lay there ... exhausted.

I think I'm going to be doing a whole big bunch of NOTHING this weekend.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: