Monday, January 16, 2012


Well I was back in the ER Friday night.  I had felt blah all week and Friday was pretty bad, but I had been working longer hours due to training.  So I thought I was just overtired ... boy I wish.

By the time I got home I was hurting so bad that I was vomiting in the front yard.  My son ran inside to get my S/O.  He took me to the ER and sat with me through the night.  I know some people who have passed kidney stones with little pain ... I'm jealous!

For me, both times the pain has been worse than any labor pains could think to be. I don't like to fall apart in front of others, but these boogers made me do it.

They finally released me in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  Why no I don't remember the time, they had just given me a double dose of pain meds. 


The CRT or whatever showed that the stone was almost through it's course, so they pumped me full of pain and nausea meds and sent me home.  It was the first time I hadn't hurt since 6 pm including with the pain meds.  Needless to say I was exhausted and passed out when I got home.

When I woke up later I felt no pain, but was very tired and dehydrated.  I took it easy the rest of the weekend and tried to drink lots of fluids.  Sunday when I woke up all my muscles around my rib cage and back hurt due to all the vomiting.

They still hurt today.

I'm back at work, but boy did I want just one more day of taking it easy.

No comments: